[jsr-314-open] [Behavior] Why is HtmlOutputText not a ClientBehaviorHolder ?

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 10:45:10 EST 2010

Got it. I had guessed panelgroup would fill that role, but I didn't want to
influence the answer ;)

I don't see this as a gap if panelgroup implements clientbehaviorholder, but
for convenience, and consistency, I'd argue we should add this to
h:outputtext.

If performance is a concern (say, because of inline text being wrapped into
output text components on view construction), then the jsf impl should be
free to use a lightweight impl-specific component instead.

What are your performance concerns, if I have not inferred correctly?

Lincoln Baxter III
http://ocpsoft.com
http://scrumshark.com
Keep it simple.