[jsr-314-open] getting behind CDI

Cay Horstmann cay at horstmann.com
Sat Jan 16 10:56:10 EST 2010

It seems so long ago that we had this discussion :-)

I thought you might find it interesting that the Java EE tutorial does
just what Dan asked for: They use @Named, not @ManagedBean, in their
published examples. Look at
http://java.sun.com/javaee/6/docs/tutorial/doc/gjcxv.html and search for
"managed bean".

Cheers,

Cay

On 12/17/2009 08:23 AM, Dan Allen wrote:
> I'm going to venture out onto a limb here in hopes of leveraging the
> influence of your professional recommendations. I ask that you read
> through this message with an open, forward-looking mind.
>
> I feel strongly that, as a group, we should provide a consistent
> recommendation regarding the programming model of JSF by getting behind
> CDI.
..

Cay S. Horstmann | http://horstmann.com | mailto:cay at horstmann.com