[jsr-314-open] [jsf2next] PROJECT_STAGE system property configuration

Cay Horstmann cay at horstmann.com
Mon Jan 18 14:40:14 EST 2010

On 01/18/2010 10:46 AM, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:

> PS. As a side-note. I've updated the Tutorial on
> www.javaserverfaces.org/getting-started
> <http://www.javaserverfaces.org/getting-started> to reflect the
> Development ProjectStage in web.xml. So by default, people following the
> getting-started tutorial will see /up front/ that there is a control for
> the ProjectStage, and that we chose to show them the Development mode
> first. Four lines of XML is trivial to include in a tutorial, and also
> relatively self-explanatory.

(That's get-started, not getting-started.)

In a modern app server, you don't need to use any web.xml. You could
tell people to install GlassFish and deploy a directory containing
nothing but

index.xhtml
next.xhtml
WEB-INF/classes/org/javaserverfaces/Hello.class

No Maven, no XML. Now that's an OOBE :-)

Cheers,

Cay

Cay S. Horstmann | http://horstmann.com | mailto:cay at horstmann.com