[jsr-314-open] [jsf2next] PROJECT_STAGE system property configuration

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 23:55:40 EST 2010

Ill grant you that!!!

Lincoln Baxter's Droid
http://ocpsoft.com
http://scrumshark.com
Keep it simple.

On Jan 18, 2010 11:40 PM, "Cay Horstmann" <cay at horstmann.com> wrote:

On 01/18/2010 10:46 AM, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:

> www.javaserverfaces.org/getting-started
> <http://www.javaserverfaces.org/getting-started> to reflect the
>
> > Development ProjectStage in web.xml. So by default, people following the
> > getting-started tutori...

(That's get-started, not getting-started.)

In a modern app server, you don't need to use any web.xml. You could tell
people to install GlassFish and deploy a directory containing nothing but

index.xhtml
next.xhtml
WEB-INF/classes/org/javaserverfaces/Hello.class

No Maven, no XML. Now that's an OOBE :-)

Cheers,

Cay -- Cay S. Horstmann | http://horstmann.com | mailto:cay at horstmann.com