[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] [ADMIN] JSF 2.0 Rev a spec release candidate 1

Ed Burns edward.burns at oracle.com
Sat Jul 10 15:45:57 EDT 2010

Hello Experts,

As mentioned at the 20100707 Expert Community meeting, here is the release
candidate 1 of the JSF 2.0 Rev a specification. [1].  There really isn't
any room for modifications for 2.0 Rev a at this point, but if you find
something major, please let me know.  Otherwise, please continue to log
issues in the javaserverfaces-spec-public issuetracker.

Please keep in mind this description of 2.0 Rev a when reviewing it,
taken from the javaserverfaces-spec-public home page.

  This effort will include work that does not require any change in
  behavior of the implementation (including any signature changes) or
  TCK. This work will be limited to spec edits. This work will be
  conducted under the JCP Minor Revision process. Because there are no
  implementation changes, no new release of the Reference Implementation
  (RI) or Test and Compatibility Kit (TCK) will be produced to accompany
  2.0 Rev a. The existing JSF 2.0 RI and TCK will be sufficient for this
  purpose.

For my money, the more interesting release is 2.1, which is currently in
progress.

Thanks,

Ed

[1] https://javaserverfaces-spec-public.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=12309&expandFolder=12309&folderID=12309