[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] New anti-JSF blog entry: http://facemetal.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/jsf/

Alexander Smirnov asmirnov at exadel.com
Thu Jul 22 12:19:07 EDT 2010

On 07/21/2010 11:54 AM, Blake Sullivan wrote:
> There is no way to partition the beans to the pieces that consume them.  This causes two problems for large applications:
> 1) The names need to be made longer for uniqueness
> 2) All of the bean information needs to be loaded at startup.  This inefficiency is extremely apparent during development.
Actually, it's not a true. To namespacing beans, you can use
'aggregator' that contains getters for next level objects that can be
created 'on demand'. Netbeans JSF designer does it by creating 'page'
object for each view. With CDI, using the such object is even more
convenient.

About the blog article: don't worry about that. JSF wasn't intended to
solve PHP developer's problems, but to make web interface for corporate
systems cheeper and reduce development time, there its component model
and POJO backend give advantage.