[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] Enabling easier hotplugging

Ed Burns edward.burns at oracle.com
Wed Mar 24 16:54:38 EDT 2010

WP> Btw. my personal opinion regarding all this is that this should be
WP> solved in a special spec which frameworks can attach to.  After all
WP> the entire configuration change aspect is not only JSF specific but
WP> goes way depper into every framework.

WP> But I guess someone has to do the first step before an umbrella jsr
WP> spanning all JEE frameworks is opened :-)

Yes, that's certainly true.  In fact, there's a time honored tradition
of JSF being an important place where innovation enters the platform.

This is a very thorough proposal, Werner.  Thanks for preparing it.

I'd like to see this API done in terms of existing APIS, such as the
java.lang.management MBeans [1].  Is it possible we can use JMX rather
than introducing a new API?

Ed

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/overview.html#mbeans