[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] question regarding ajax update cycle

Werner Punz werner.punz at gmail.com
Mon May 3 09:39:25 EDT 2010

Sorry for reopening this again:

Ok after rereading the spec and reiterating the problem again I came to the
same conclusion as Ganesh and Alex here.

Everything which is in the CDATA blocks in update must be considered to be
part of the update.
so if a component author uses some kind of decoration around the
<placeholder id="clientId> part then he has to be aware of the implications.

I cannot really throw an error here however if the author does not follow
the pattern, due to not being specified and due to having valid usecases to
do this (mostly to embed some javascript which should get triggered rightly
after the update is done but before the entire ajax processing is finished)
So I will revert my original mojarra identical behavior to the one which I
had originally, which is more or less exactly the behavior the spec says and
what you can get within mojarra under IE as well (whatever Mojarra had for
the fixup of this problem fails on IE anyway)

Werner