[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] status of <composite:clientBehavior> (was Re: "for" attribute for <f:ajax>)

David Geary clarity.training at gmail.com
Mon May 3 14:31:45 EDT 2010

There is a <composite:clientBehavior> tag in the 2.0 version of JSF that
comes with GlassFish, and it appears to work as advertised by Alexandr and
Andy below.

But, as Alexandr points out, it’s not documented in the PDL docs, nor could
I find any mention of it in the spec (or Ed’s book, either).

This is a vital tag that lets page authors attach ajax functionality to
components within composite components. I see no reason why it should not be
documented.

Does anyone know why this tag was not documented in the first place, or what
the plans are for its future? Anyone know if it works with MyFaces 2.0?

If there’s not a compelling reason for blacklisting it from the docs, can we
document it?

Thanks,

david