[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] composite components: targets attribute revisited

Ed Burns edward.burns at oracle.com
Tue Nov 2 21:41:59 EDT 2010

MM> - As for 2.1 versus 2.2: I think that the basic fixes need to be in
MM> 2.1 - so that people can pass in multiple actions, and use actions,
MM> actionListeners, etc. independent of needing to provide references to
MM> the implementation - which just not work, as we have seen trying out
MM> this approach in the real world. The rest could also be in 2.2 - I
MM> would still be in favor of having this in 2.1, but of course all of
MM> the timing is entirely Ed's decision.

I appreciate your recognition of the agreement we reached in the JSF
expert community meetings we had in July.  If you want to listen to the
audio, you'll find that we agreed to keep the scope of 2.1 limited [1].

Therefore, I will definitively state that this most recent round of
discussion will not be represented in 2.1.

Ed

[1] https://javaserverfaces-spec-public.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=11940&expandFolder=11940&folderID=11940