[keycloak-dev] credential management

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Aug 13 08:12:52 EDT 2013

> I like the idea of never allowing admins to see passwords. Temporary passwords are not very nice. It would require to have always have a verified means to communicate with the user though (email, SMS, others?).

How can you implement forgot credentials then without a verified means
to communicate with the user?  (email, sms, *AND* voice).

I wonder how admins feel about the "Security Questions" (i.e. mother's
maiden name) Then there would be no need to send an email.

> We should also have an option on the realm that self-registered users are required to confirm their email address (send email with verification link).

Lol, this will be one long-ass oauth redirection protocol and client_id,
state, redirect_uri etc... parameters are gonna be passed around over
and over....

> Thinking about security issues, at the moment the login form shows a error message that says username is invalid. This allows attackers to confirm the existence of user accounts which is not good. It should simple state "invalid username/password".

K, logged a JIRA:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-31