[keycloak-dev] Certificate Management, Directory Services and Device Registration

Anil Saldhana Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com
Fri Dec 20 15:27:16 EST 2013

Some of this is what I hear from users, customers and the industry. Also
see below:

On 12/20/2013 02:23 PM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
> Bill brought out some thoughts in my mind which I want to capture here
> to see what your thoughts are:
>
> * Certificate Management
> - We need a good system to CRUD certificates.  The only good Java based
> oss I have seen is EJBCA.
>
> * Directory Server/Services
> - We have ApacheDS and OpenDS (or the ForgeRock version) as two
> possibilities in Java based directory servers. I am unsure if we have
> really explored building a solution for directory services.
* Another important consideration is Active Directory. It is an
ecosystem - has LDAP, Kerberos/SPNego, SAML, WSTrust etc. I think we
really need some type of Open Source solution to this ecosystem. The
core starts with directory services or a facade.