[keycloak-dev] Changes to landing page

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Wed Nov 13 12:03:27 EST 2013

Well, if a user wants to go to a specific realm or a specific page that's why the pages should be bookmark-able in the first place. So I don't really see the point in redirecting to the first realm (it will quite likely not be the final page the user wants in any case, and if he did as I said he could have used a bookmark to that specific page).

I think a better home page for logged in users than a list of realms would be to have some sort of summary with short-cuts to common tasks. For example it could be something like:

* Create new realm

* Realm 1
  * Manage application
    * Create new application
  * Manage users
    * Create new user
  * Manage roles
    * Add roles to users

* Realm 2
  * ...

We could even make this page dynamic. We could save some stats about what a user has done to html5 storage and use that to list the most common tasks the user has taken.