[keycloak-dev] examples/distro reworked/improved/finalized PLEASE TRY!

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Jan 10 10:27:42 EST 2014

On 10.1.2014 15:23, Bill Burke wrote:

> On 1/10/2014 5:51 AM, Marek Posolda wrote:
>> Just a small note that there is a typo in
>> https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/examples/as7-eap-demo/README.md
>>
>> in step1. For EAP 6.x it should be "keycloak-eap6-adapter-dist.zip" when
>> currently it talks about "keycloak-as7-adapter-dist.zip" .
>>

> Good catch.
>
>> Another possible good thing would be to have "quickstart" appliance for
>> everything bundled in single ZIP (wildfly server with auth-server,
>> datasource, adapters, test-realm installed and all examples deployed).
>> This will enable possibility for users to start really quickly playing
>> with Keycloak without need to import realm in admin-console and
>> build/deploy examples with maven. Of course, this may not be possible if
>> examples will be moved to separate repo.
>>

> That's a *REALLY* good idea.  I'll do that.
>
> BTW, not sure about your addition to CDI yet to one of the examples.
> We will be trimming down the Wildfly distro in the near future and CDI
> will be one of the subsystems that will be removed.
oops, I did it this way as you asked for it:-) You mentioned CDI or
Spring in another thread.

So not sure what to do? I am seeing options like:
- Left the original "third-party" example and convert my stuff into
something like "third-party-cdi" example. This example won't be part of
WildFly appliance distribution, but IMO it can be just in WAR
distribution as this is used for people, who want to add examples into
their own AS7/Wildfly and so we can assume that it will be full
AS7/Wildfly with support of CDI and JSF.
- Example won't be part of keycloak codebase, but it will be in separate
repo. This assumes that we will have separate repo with
examples/quickstarts as suggested by Stian in another mail.

So only thing to change in original "third-party" example will be the
addition of JSON configuration, instead of hard-coded stuff in the code.
But there will be still ServletOAuthClient kept as attribute of
ServletContext. WDYT?

Marek