[keycloak-dev] LiveOak and JavaEE libraries

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Tue May 20 11:34:11 EDT 2014

On 5/20/2014 10:28 AM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
> On 05/16/2014 09:03 AM, Stan Silvert wrote:

>>> I haven't implemented a pure Undertow adapter yet.
>>>
>> I'm hacking on one right now, but I'm questioning if it will every
>> really be needed.
> In a REST world, I think a pure http driven approach is better compared
> to relying on the servlet api. You see a lot of applications just
> migrating to Netty based handlers rather than web applications. So what
> you are trying to do: pure undertow adapter may be quite useful.
>
> You can still use the web application/servlet API for Administration.
> But for your REST endpoints, I would go with Undertow + REST framework
> or Netty+REST.
I do want to set expectations here.  What I am doing now is just a POC
showing the EAP console using Keycloak.  Since this app is not deployed
as a WAR I can not use the servlet API.  So right now I'm just filling
in the gaps to make this work in pure Undertow.

It will be awhile before this gets refactored into a pure Undertow
adapter.  At that point I'll need some oversight from Bill to make sure
I'm doing it right.