[keycloak-dev] immutable ClaimType name?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri Feb 13 10:37:58 EST 2015

I need some advice here.  I'm trying to figure out how to model a
ClaimType for our persistent store.  I'm thinking that the @Id of the
ClaimType will be the name of the claim itself (phone, street, etc.).
The name will be immutable once created.

Why do it this way?

* Simpler to store.  UserModel can just have a Map<String, String> of
claim values
* More importantly, human readable files (json imports, and our
FileBased store) will be able to reference the claim type by name rather
than id.  Users crafting an import file will not have to specify an ID
anywhere or generate one.   This claim type is going to be referenced in
a few places:
- protocol claim mapping
- user claim value store

That sound ok?