[keycloak-dev] Build on top of Vert.x?

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 03:33:22 EST 2015

Interesting idea, especially with regards to providers. In general we really do need to improve on how providers are written and configured.

We shouldn't forget about JEE either though. JEE has a lot to offer application developers that Vert.x doesn't.

Not convinced we should rewrite Keycloak to run on Vert.x. Instead I'd say we should provide hooks into Vert.x and other containers (JEE) to allow users to write providers in whatever they want.

The #1 thing to think about for Keycloak 2.0 IMO is customization. What parts should be customizable and how do we best allow users to do that?