[keycloak-dev] Build on top of Vert.x?

Alain Penders alain at rexorient.com
Thu Jan 8 13:02:15 EST 2015

I, for one, would enjoy seeing Keycloak running on Vert.x.  I moved my
application from WildFly to Vert.x, and now the only reason I'm still
running WildFly is Keycloak.

I started working on a full Vert.x Adapter, but eventually decided it was
easier to just stick to plain bearer auth.  (Also because my front-end is
GWT + keycloak.js.)

Also, any recommendations for securing websockets?  I use the browser-side
EventBus in Vert.x, which uses websockets to exchange messages with the
server.  Since I want to be able to pass the accessToken to various Vert.x
services, it needs to remain uptodate and not be the one used to establish
the connection.  I implemented a basic system to handle this in Vert.x, but
I assume the same issue would exist for anyone using WebSockets to connect
to WildFly.

Alain