[keycloak-dev] Re: Strange behaviour with invalid state param

Michael Gerber gerbermichi at me.com
Fri Jan 9 09:14:41 EST 2015

Someone in our company bookmarked the login URL
https://localhost:9443/auth/realms/uka/protocol/openid-connect/login?client_id=uka-solutions&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A9443%2Findex.html&state=1%2Ff761c116-eef1-4744-b40d-792cd14c1386&login=true
And he reported this behaviour.

I dont understand why the login is permitted with an invalid state. I know the login was successful but the application did not request this login (state is wrong), so it should not allow it.

@stian
this behaviour is easy reproducible.
Open the customer-portal example app in a browser, copy the login url.
Close the browser and open it again and use the old url. (or clear your cookies ;-)
Remove all parameters from the url after you received the bad request error and you should get in.