[keycloak-dev] backchannel logout for SAML SP

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Sep 14 15:16:15 EDT 2015

Is it about maintaining infinispan cache on adapter side? I would rather
avoid this if possible. It's another needed step for setup and IMO
possible source of troubles (especially in cluster environments).

Isn't it better to start HttpSession on adapter even before SAML
authentication and transmit HttpSessionID to auth-server in SAMLRequest
for login? Then auth-server will receive SAMLRequest and save
HttpSessionID to CLIENT_SESSION_STATE note on ClientSession (similarly
like done for OIDC). Then server knows HttpSessionId and backchannel
logout isn't an issue.

Marek