[keycloak-dev] [async] Why is async jaxrs being used?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Sat Apr 1 11:15:06 EDT 2017

I don't understand why async-http support for JAXRS is being used for
Authz requests.  Async HTTP is only useful when you want to limit the
amount of long running requests or you have an operation that may block
for some time.  Do you want to limit the number of authz requests that
can happen at one time?  Or, do you have an operation that may block?
Otherwise I don't see the point of using async HTTP.  It complicates the
code.

Looking at your ScheduledPermissionEvaluator you aren't even using the
Executor that is passed into the constructor so its all happening in the
same thread anyways.

Bill