[keycloak-dev] Keycloak and HAProxy

Shankar_Bhaskaran Shankar_Bhaskaran at infosys.com
Fri Aug 4 01:09:56 EDT 2017

Hi ,

We have configured HAProxy as our load balancer and keycloak (3.0) as our SSO. We have configured the keycloak domain and secured our wars with keycloak for our web application.

In Haproxy we have provided the "forwardfor"  option  which introduces the header parameter -"X-Forwarded-For" and configured keycloak as given below to accept the header parameter as given below.

"<http-listener name="default" socket-binding="http" redirect-socket="https" proxy-address-forwarding="true"/>"

But still the redirect from keycloak is going to HAProxy machine and not to backend servers with our webapp.

Is there any help you can provide here

Regards,
Shankar