[keycloak-dev] Generating ascii documentation for rest API

Chervine Majeri c.majeri at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 08:59:12 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

To program a client (in go) for the rest API, I want to map all the json
representations to structs in the code.
To this end it would be great if there were json schema files to represent
them. But as I understand it, those aren't available (
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-4661).

The next best thing would be to generate the ascii docs and parse those,
rather than go through parsing html directly. But I get errors when I try
to generate the docs in markup using the maven "gen-asciidoc" goal.

Running :

mvn -X -P jboss-release
io.github.swagger2markup:swagger2markup-maven-plugin:convertSwagger2markup

returns a null pointer exception and a maven mojo failure.

I've checked that the correct versions of swagger2markup are getting
fetched.

Does anyone else have that behaviour? Or is there some other way of
generating ascii documentation?

My environment is as vanilla as it can get, without any modifications to
the default maven settings.xml (it's pretty much empty except comments).

Thanks.

maven --version output :
Apache Maven 3.3.9 (NON-CANONICAL_2016-07-01T11:53:38Z_mockbuild;
2016-07-01T13:53:38+02:00)
Maven home: /usr/share/maven
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.131-1.b12.fc25.x86_64/jre
OS name: "linux", version: "4.11.6-201.fc25.x86_64", arch: "amd64", family:
"unix"