[keycloak-dev] next-gen Keycloak proxy

Marc Boorshtein marc.boorshtein at tremolosecurity.com
Tue Mar 14 04:21:58 EDT 2017

> So nice of you to hijack the thread to promote your own product.  Not very
> professional.  Its a bit hypocritical of me to say this as I've done it
> myself in the past and received a lot of crap for it.    Now that its being
> done to my project I can see why people get upset over it.   This isn't the
> first time you've done this. If you do it again, we'll remove you from the
> list.  I really don't give a shit if you're a partner or not.

I'm sorry, I don't see how this is "hijacking" a thread.  I'm not telling a
KC user "hey, use my project instead because XYZ".  I'm providing another
open source option you could use as a starting point (and I did say
"starting point").  Maybe you find it does a large chunk of what you are
looking for and decide to fork it, maybe you look at it and get some ideas,
maybe you find that you want to use some different approaches because you
have different ideas as to how this problem should be solved.  If I
remember correctly in your last thread on this topic you explicitly asked
for the community's help to build this out because you didn't have time.
Its no different then when someone has said to me on other lists "we do it
XYZ way, you should take a look" and I do because if someone else solved
the problem I'm trying to solve why wouldn't I look at their solution?.
Thats not hijacking, thats open source.

I brought up being a partner as working with components not built by Red
Hat was something you called out in both threads as being an issue with
mod_auth_oidc.  I also do my best to be transparent because I don't want
people to think I'm trying to sell them something in every discussion.  My
company name and title is in every email I send and I don't use a generic
email account so there's no question.

I could go on, but I don't wish to continue to clog up this list with a
non-technical discussion.  My apologies if you or anyone else on this list
was offended, it was not my intention.

Thanks

--
Marc Boorshtein