[keycloak-dev] wildfly pkg manager changes everything

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 02:28:03 EDT 2018

I don't have the full picture yet on how this will all work, but it sounds
really promising.

There are at least 3 categories of users for Keycloak:

* Black box users - built-in features and config options are sufficient
* Middle ground - customized themes and a few custom providers, but still
happy with a default setup with regards to subsystems (and limited use of
JEE features)
* Integration - more heavily customized and have a need to add additional
subsystems on top of what we bring

I would believe most users land in the first two and would be happy with a
single distro download rather than having to install a package manager to
then install. For the latter the approach to combine your own would be
great.

Same applies to Docker and OpenShift distributions. We still need a ready
out of the box option as well as the "install your own" option.