[keycloak-dev] Any reason why the DefaultBruteForceProtector success() method is private?

Eric B ebenzacar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 14:10:42 EDT 2018

Hi.

I'm looking at producing an extended implementation of the
DefaultBruteForceProtector implementation, but for some reason the
success() method in the class is the only private method which is
prohibiting me of simply extending the DefaultBruteForceProtector class and
adding some additional logic to the methods.

Is there a particular reason why the visibility for these methods are as
follows?
- public void failure()
- private void success()

Why is success() private, whereas failure is public()?  Was this just an
oversight?  Can sucess() be changed to public?

Thanks,

Eric