[keycloak-dev] Full implementation of SAML artifact-binding for [JIRA KEYCLOAK-831]

Doswald Alistair alistair.doswald at elca.ch
Wed Nov 7 04:48:00 EST 2018

Hello,

The SAML client page has three new options for artifact binding: a slider to force artifact binding (for example if the client doesn't specify HTTP-Artifact in its authnrequest, but we still want artifact binding fort that client), and two new fields in the Fine-grained SAML endpoint configuration: "Artifact binding URL" (for sending the artifact message) and "Artifact Resolution Service" (for sending an ArtifactResolve message).

Import will read the "ArtifactResolutionService" and "AssertionConsumerService Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-Artifact" and fill the two fields in the Fine-grained SAML endpoint configuration correctly.

Are there any other metadata sources aside from those two of which I am unaware? I'm not very familiar with the admin REST API, but looking at the overview  in the documentation, I didn't find any other obvious way to get SAML metadata.

Best regards,

Alistair