[keycloak-dev] Full implementation of SAML artifact-binding for [JIRA KEYCLOAK-831]

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Nov 6 08:54:15 EST 2018

On 11/6/18 6:59 AM, Doswald Alistair wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A couple of weeks ago I submitted a partial implementation of artifact-binding (only AuthnRequests were handled) as a pull request, mostly to have some code review before I proceeded  (though I didn't get any feedback).
>
> Now I have fully implemented the artifact binding part of SAML. How should I proceed:

I can't comment on handling the pull request but I do want to make sure
the "fully implemented" includes both generating and consuming SAML
metadata with the newly introduced artifact bindings as well as the
ability to specify the artifact binding in the SAML client page of the
realm (probably under fine grained SAML endpoints). I believe there are
multiple independent code locations that generate metadata (e.g. admin
rest API vs. client installation tab in the admin console) so we'll want
to make sure all code locations are updated. Historically we've had
problems getting consistent metadata.

--
John Dennis