[keycloak-dev] External role to role idp mapper update brokered user behavior buggy ?

Sebastien SB. BERTHIER s.berthier at bee-buzziness.com
Mon Jan 21 03:50:47 EST 2019

Hi,

Some months ago, I reported a strange behavior about external role to role idp mapper.
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-8690

It concernes particularly the update method.
- When a user (with local role) leaves external token role, then the mapped role is remove from local keycloak user.
- But when a user (without local role) gains the external token role, then the mapped role is not added to local keycloak user.

For me and Stian (see comments), it seems to be a bug.  What is your opinion ?

S?bastien B.?