[keycloak-user] How to secure JAX-RS service based on reasteasy running on undertow

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Apr 14 03:56:49 EDT 2014

On 14.4.2014 09:18, Davide Ungari wrote:
> Hi Marek,
> I worked on it during the weekend.
>
> Now my problem is the header like: Authorization: Bearer
> <your_access_token> .
>
> I'm running the frontend on Tomcat, I made an adapter for it
> https://github.com/ungarida/keycloak/, I adapted AS7.
>
> Now I can not figure out how to retrieve the access token to include
> it in the JS that call the JAX-RS service.
If your frontend is JEE application, then you can use something like
this example is doing
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/examples/demo-template/customer-app/src/main/java/org/keycloak/example/CustomerDatabaseClient.java#L46
. Note that KeycloakSecurityContext is added automatically to request by
the adapter of your frontend application (In this case customer-portal
application, which is just simple servlet JEE application). So you need
to make sure that your Tomcat adapter is adding it as well.

You can take a deeper look at existing examples and try them on AS7 for
inspiration. I think that your Tomcat adapter should be quite similar to
the already existing AS7 adapter as AS7 is using jboss-web, which is
defacto Tomcat stuff:-)