[keycloak-user] Tomcat 7 Adapter download and configuration

Marc R email.marc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 00:20:33 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am interested in using Keycloak to secure an existing application running
on AWS Elasticbeanstalk on Tomcat 7. I plan to deploy the Keycloak Server
on Wildfly on Openshift which seems to be well documented, but I am having
a little more trouble finding information about setting things up on the
Tomcat side.

I see a tomcat7 adapter on GitHub [1], but I don't see the corresponding
binaries when I download the Keycloak distribution. I also don't see any
information on how to install and configure the adapter and I am a total
novice as far as servlet security is concerned.

Could someone point me to the quickest way to get up an running with this?
I presume it is not fully supported yet but I figure somebody most have
tried it out by now and could help short circuit the process for me.

How different is it from the EAP configuration given that EAP uses tomcat
as well? I figure that the adapter installation process differs since
tomcat doesn't use subsytems or a standalone.xml file.

[1]
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/tree/master/integration/tomcat7/adapter