[keycloak-user] Email verified doesn't seem to work using REST API

Christina Lau christinalau28 at icloud.com
Fri Aug 29 10:49:52 EDT 2014

Hi, I have my realm enabled for email verification. When I registered a new user using the UI dialog, the user gets an email notification.

However, if I use the REST API to create a new user, even though I set emailVerified to true, the new user that gets added correctly didn’t get an email notification.

Is there an additional REST API I need to call? I can’t find that in the doc. Or is this supposed to be implicit and in that case a bug? Or am I missing some more setup? Thx…

Christina