[keycloak-user] Bower for keycloak.js

Josh smysnk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 11:46:09 EDT 2014

I do think there is a problem using that version format, I think I tried it
originally and bower was having none of it.  This could be because they use
version for auto upgrade purposes, where one can use a "~" character to
prefix the version to allow upgrades in version minors in the bower.json
file.

eg.
  "dependencies": {
    "keycloak": "~0.3.12"
  },

I have to admit I've been pulled to the dark side a little bit, it do enjoy
npm / bower for doing javascript type build processes (sometimes a
necessary evil).  I was never a a fan of 'grunt' but found that 'gulp' is
much better.  I have a hybrid build process in my java apps where I
sometimes break out of maven to execute some gulp build processes.

But I understand for project like keycloak 'npm / gulp' adds a lot of
complexity to build process and is not desirable.

I'll talk to the bower guys to get keycloak switched over to your fork :D