[keycloak-user] Backwards compatibility with j_security_check?

Guy Davis guydavis.ca at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 19:09:49 EDT 2015

Good day,

I'm looking to move our product to Keycloak for
authentication/authorization.  Currently some of our apps/services are
protected with Java's form-based authentication.  In particular, certain
clients (Java and .Net) are making HTTP POSTs of username/password to a URI
such as:

   http://[SERVER]:8080/my_resource/j_security_check

They are then including all cookies in the POST response on all subsequent
HTTP requests.

I was wondering if there was way to mimic/redirect/support this behavior in
a Keycloak protected service without requiring changes in the various
client code accessing it as described above.  If it helps, I'll be enabling
Keycloak's basic auth support (over SSL) as well.

Any hints or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Guy