[keycloak-user] Keycloak working with Spring Boot / Spring Security OAuth?

Ed Hillmann ed.hillmann at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 21:28:12 EDT 2015

Hi.  I am trying to get this sample application working against a local
keycloak instance

https://github.com/spring-cloud-samples/sso

As I understand it, it's a Spring Boot application using Spring Security to
support SSO.  And I can't get it (as the client) to interact with the
KeyCloak authentication server.

If I just add the configuration for the Spring Boot adapter alone, it
attempts to call out to KeyCloak but the url always includes a redirect_uri
parameter, which Keycloak doesn't like and displays an error instead of a
login screen.

I've then tried to add, in addition to the Spring Boot configuration, the
integration with Spring Security (the next section in the KeyCloak
documentation).  When I that, however, the server complains because it
cannot find the keycloak.json file.  Which isn't there because I've added
the details to the application.yml file (as directed by the Spring Boot
config)

Is there some last step that I need to do to get these working?  I'm new to
Spring Boot. so I'm not sure I know how to step through it's configuration
to see why it insists on sending the redirect_uri, and including Spring
Security seems like a miss.

Thanks for any help,
Ed