[keycloak-user] Two level authentication in Keycloak.

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 04:39:33 EDT 2015

Hi,

this is available through UserFederation SPI, which is documented
http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/html/user_federation.html and
there is also example for it in the examples distro (simple federation
provider implementation based on properties file)

Federation works in a way that you can have more federation providers
configured per realm. So it's not a problem to configure LDAP federation
provider (available in Keycloak by default) and your federation provider
(which you will need to implement).

But ATM each user is linked just to 1 federation provider. So if your
user is found in LDAP, his password will be verified against LDAP.
Otherwise if he is in your DB, his password will be validated against
this DB as fallback. As last fallback, if user is not linked to LDAP
neither to your DB, his password will be validated against local
Keycloak DB.

Marek