[keycloak-user] Integration in a federation of identity provider liek shibolleth

Jérôme Blanchard jayblanc at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 11:33:19 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm trying to integrate keycloak in a federation of indentities
(shibolleth) using the SAMLv2 Identity Provider. The problem is that the
federation count something like 100 Identity Providers and I'm afraid of
the L&F of the GUI as for now, adding 3 of them is creating a button for
each. Is there is a limit or something that creates a drop down menu ?
(like this list https://discovery.renater.fr/renater)
<https://discovery.renater.fr/renater/?entityID=https%3A%2F%2Fsaga.renater.fr%2F&return=https%3A%2F%2Fsaga.renater.fr%2FShibboleth.sso%2FLogin%3FSAMLDS%3D1%26passwd%3DhT6oU5$.%21%26submit_saga%3DConnexion%26%26target%3Dss%253Amem%253Aa66aa537777acf60e05706949b588b203be0a12e>
The goal for me is to create a kind of parser for this idps list :
http://federation.renater.fr/renater/idps-renater-metadata.xml
in order to parse this list and maintain my IDPs in keycloak up to date.

Another question is : is each client in keycloak has to be declared as a
Service Provider or only the keycloak server ?

If you have any feedback for shibolleth federation integration using
keycloak I'll be very glad to share them.

Thanks a lot, Best Regards, Jérôme.