[keycloak-user] Can add-user.sh be used to change the admin user password?

Paul Blair pblair at clearme.com
Mon Jan 4 16:05:31 EST 2016

I'm running keycloak 1.7.0.Final and tried to use the add-user.sh script to change the admin default password after deployment. The password didn't seem to take.

If I go to the admin console and log in as admin with a password of "admin" I am prompted to change the password.

My understanding was that the purpose of the script was to get away from having an admin user with a default password. Is this not supported yet?

Before trying to change the admin user with the script, I had already brought up the server once and tried to log in as admin. After that I realized I wanted to use the script, and shut everything down before running the script; not sure if that's relevant or not.