[keycloak-user] Keycloak 2.2.1 Overlay on EAP 6.4.x

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Thu Oct 13 13:48:14 EDT 2016

I don't know if the overlay dist is meant to run on EAP 6.4 or not.  I
do admit that I never tested the overlay dist against EAP 6.4 after we
got rid of keycloak-server.json.

However, to do the upgrade, you don't want to use the
keycloak-install.cli.   That cli script is only for an overlay onto a
server that has never had Keycloak installed before.

For an upgrade, the procedure is to migrate your standalone.xml from the
old server.  Then you can use the migrate-json operation.  That is
documented in the "Migration from older versions" section of the server
admin guide.  That guide recommends that you do the operation in
embedded mode, but that is not required.

Stan