[keycloak-user] Trying to get tomcat 8.0.x working.

Jim Tyrrell jimtyrrell at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 10:32:10 EDT 2017

I follow the docs here:Tomcat 6, 7 and 8 Adapters | Keycloak Documentation

|   |
Tomcat 6, 7 and 8 Adapters | Keycloak Documentation
 By Keycloak   |  |

The setup for a valve, context, and securing a folder mostly makes sense as that just follows the normal tomcat security setup that has been there forever.
The one question, is the setting BASIC or KEYCLOAK in     <login-config>        <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
KEYCLOAK seems to be used in other configs, however, it locks up the deployment of my application in Tomcat.
The big gap is the JSON config to drive this:Java Adapters Config | Keycloak Documentation

|   |
Java Adapters Config | Keycloak Documentation
 By Keycloak   |  |

A lot of magic info is "injected" into this file.  Where and how am I getting values that go into this file is fairly undocumented in the context of getting this working for Tomcat?  Does a minimal version of this file exist.
The other gap is it seems I need to setup something around clients in the admin interface, but again the docs are thin.I do get to the point where I see an error "Invalid parameter: redirect_uri"  Again I can't find any documentation around this and how do I get this all working in the context of Tomcat.
Does a top to bottom blog posting exist around Tomcat 8.0.x, about how to go about doing this?
Do integration tests exist around Tomcat configuration to make this work?
Thanks in advance.