[keycloak-user] Using credentials from another provider in an authenticator - failing second time around

Nikki Pack nick.pack at 6point6.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 06:38:04 EDT 2017

Hi All,

I am currently developing an SMS based OTP solution, I¹ve hit a strange
issue which I cannot fathom hence my asking here.

I create a credential (which is the mobile number) in a required action, and
then use it in an authenticator later on (this actually generates/sends the
OTP) - during registration this works as expected, if the user returns and
logs in, the authenticator is failing due to not getting a value for the
credential ­ Am I missing something really obvious here?

Code is all here:
https://github.com/nickpack/keycloak-sms-authenticator-sns/tree/develop/src/
main/java/six/six/keycloak

It is basically an adaptation of the Œsecret-question¹ example and some code
I found that somebody else had started on for a previous version of key
cloak.

Thanks in advance,

Nick