[keycloak-user] Some questions between Keycloak and RESTEasy security modules.

Weinan Li weli at redhat.com
Thu Mar 30 21:49:35 EDT 2017

Hi,

Currently Wildfly is using two RESTEasy security modules: `jose-jwt` and `resteasy-crypto`. Keycloak contains part of the features in these two security modules. For example, some classes are the similar between resteasy and keycloak, such as `DerUtils` in both `resteasy-crypto` and `org.keycloak.common.util`, but other parts are different, resteasy-crypto and jose-jwt in resteasy side contains more classes and tools. Shall we move all the work of `jose-jwt` and `resteasy-crypto` into Keycloak side in the future and deprecate these two modules in RESTEasy side? Current status of resteasy security modules:

- jose-jwt  / Used by Wildfly, shall we move the codes to Keycloak?
- resteasy-crypto / Used by Wildfly, shall we move the codes to Keycloak?
- keystone / Should be deprecated and replaced by Keycloak
- resteasy-oauth / Should be deprecated and replaced by Keycloak
- skeleton-key-idm / Should be deprecated and replaced by Keycloak

- Weinan Li