[keycloak-user] Registration when already logged in

Gregor Tudan Gregor.Tudan at cofinpro.de
Wed Nov 15 08:37:05 EST 2017

Hello,

we recently upgraded Keycloak from version 3.0 to 3.2, and now we have run into a small problem, perhaps someone knows a clever solution…

In Keycloak 3.0, if a user registers while already being signed in, he would STILL be able to register a new user (with another user-name and e-mail), and would automatically be logged in to the NEW user.

After the Keycloak update, this no longer works. The user gets an error message AFTER registering a new user, stating he is already logged in as someone else, and can't go on.

I guess this was introduced by https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-4626

We redirect to the registration page using the javascript adapter. Is there some kind of parameter we can pass to:
a) get the old behaviour (user get’s logged in to the newly created account) or
b) see the error message on the registration page, instead of after registration has been completed?

Our application allows a user to have more than one account, so it’s not enough to just skip over the registration and log the user in under the old account.
Or is there another way that I’m missing?

Thanks, Gregor!