[keycloak-user] SpringBoot 2 Support and best practices

Kamil Kitowski kitowskikamil at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:18:49 EDT 2018

Hello everyone!
I'm completly new around here and I'm sorry if I did anything wrong.

Is there any information about possible SpringBoot 2 support via adapters?
It's been over a month since its release and Keycloak released 4.0.0.Beta1
which should contain merged changes from several pull requests about
spring-boot 2 support however there is no keycloak-spring-boot-2-starter
(or adapter) artifact available on public maven repos. Am I missing
something (like additional repository) or there are some issues with said
adapter?

It works quite fine running on my local build, but I don't want to add
*.jar to my git repo.

Also minor question about best practices. Is it bad that I combine
keycloak-spring-boot-2-adapter and keycloak-spring-security-adapter? I like
defining Keycloak connection configuration via spring properties, but I'd
rather configure security using spring-security-like configuration.

Best regards.
--
Kitowski Kamil