[keycloak-user] Is keycloak the tool I'm looking for? selective AD user sync

jlord87 at gmail.com jlord87 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 06:58:13 EDT 2018

Thank you Dmitry for your reply

> > I think that Redmine and NextCloud fall into this
> > category.OIDC/SAML enabling is usually done by the means of
> > some adapters/plugins/extensions, or whatever this might be called
> > in the target app's terms. So this should become number one on your
> > list.

I do agree, I've already made some test, it should be quite easy
> > AD integration is completely different stuff. This is called
> > userfederation, and its purpose is to combine several external user
> > datasources into a single, unified virtual one. AFAIK, there is no
> > OOTBmechanism to define which external AD the newly created user
> > should goto.

Too bad, I would have probably needed the opposite, some kind of "user
propagation".Would it makes any sense to create a realm for each AD and
configure as Identity provider another "master" realm - acting as
centralized user repository -  in wich I would create a client template
for every AD?
> > But what we love about Keycloak is its ultimate extensibility, soI
> > wouldn't rule out the possibility of implementing this with the
> > help of an extension.

Well, I'll be here waiting for this to happen :)
> > GSuite, in its turn, is completely standalone here. AFAIK it
> > supportsonly Google's authentication, and doesn't allow to delegate
> > it to 3rdparty services (or does it?)

Gsuite should be able to act as SAML Identity Provider or as a Service
Provider (https://support.google.com/a/answer/60224?hl=en)..It would
probabily be "easy" to connect also this piece of the puzzle..
Thank you again!