[keycloak-user] Keycloak issue 6115 workaround

Dominik Guhr pinguwien at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 08:05:26 EST 2018

Hi everyone,

so I made a comment here:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-6115?_sscc=t explaining my
problem, which is, in short terms, the bug issued in 6115 (localization
with readonly ldap).
Would be very nice to get some help here for a workaround, for this
stops me to change the whole landscape to kc as authprovider.

In short points:
- I don't want to build kc sources myself, for the root cause is issued
and will hopefully be worked on in near future
- I want to create a custom provider spi module which does exactly the
same than the "built-in", but want to apply the workaround(!) - catching
the readonlyexception when its thrown.
- This SPI seems not to have the same structure than the custom SPIs
which are described in the docs for extending server

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Best regards,
Dominik