[keycloak-user] Validate User Credentials Without Creating a Session

Scott Finlay scott.finlay at sixt.com
Tue Jan 23 03:49:01 EST 2018

Hi,

We're currently using Keycloak 2.5.5.Final, and in this version it's not possible

to validate a user's credentials (username / password combination) without

actually logging the user in which results in a session (and our sessions are long-

lived). Is there any new functionality introduced in the later versions of  Keycloak

to validate the credentials without actually logging the user in?

Our use-case is that we have very long-lived tokens, but we want to require the

user to re-enter his/her password in order to perform some certain sensitive tasks

such as changing the password or username.

If such functionality  is not available, would it be possible to add this?

Regards,

Scott