[keycloak-user] Brokered logins only?

Chris S. Dollar CDollar at rydin.com
Tue Jun 26 17:19:32 EDT 2018

I'm doing some experimenting with using keycloak with an external IdP, and get results similar to yours:

- with the external IdP configured, by default the user is presented with the normal KC login form, and to the right of that is a link that can be clicked to be taken to the IdP's login form.

- if you add the 'kc_idp_hint' with the correct alias of your IdP then you can bypass the page with the KC login form and IdP link, and instead go straight to the IdP's form.

But there's one more thing you can do. Go to the Authentication settings area for your realm, and choose the "Browser" flow. Under that you'll see the entry for "Identity Provider Redirector", and it will have an "Actions" menu with a "Config" option. Choose that, and set the default IdP value there to the alias you used when you defined the IdP, same as you use when setting the kc_idp_hint.

After making that change I no longer see the KC login form, even without setting kc_idp_hint. I'm always redirected to the IdP login page, which sounds like the behavior you're after.

Hope this helps!
Chris