[keycloak-user] Brokered logins only?

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Wed Jun 27 02:51:43 EDT 2018

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess those apply perfectly when using
only *one* brokered IdP.

What we're after: Creating a web-sso-solution for a global institute,
which is composed out of 3 (4, 5 in the future) independent
sub-institutes. Each has their own IdP (saml2 or oidc) setup.

We would like to allow these sub-institutes access to certain websites,
like a global common intranet, some financial system, etc.

We hope that keycloak could help us achieve that, as an identity broker
with all 3-5 sub-institutes added as brokered IdPs.

We would then configure that global intranet to authenticate to the
brokered keycloak realm, and voila: all sub-institutes can logon with
their own credentials.

AT least, that's what we hope it could do for us.

But the point is: we cannot configure kc_idp_hint, because we require
our users to choose their own sub-institute upon login.

So, we need the keycloak login form, with multiple brokered IdP's, and
we don't think we would *ever* need a username/password field on the
login form.

Is our use-case an unusual one..? As it seems so unlogical to us, to
present a username/password box by default, for a brokered realm
configuration.

MJ