[keycloak-user] 4.6.0 Upgrade disables client scopes

Lamina, Marco marco.lamina at sap.com
Tue Nov 20 19:55:23 EST 2018

Hi,
I upgraded to 4.6.0 using the Kubernetes Helm chart. After the upgrade, token exchange stopped working, which I was able to fix thanks to [1]. Unfortunately, none of my client scopes are working anymore. Trying to get a token using client credentials succeeds, but anything I pass into the “scope” parameter is ignored and none of my default client scopes are applied. The “scope” claim in the token endpoint response is always empty.
Is that a feature that needs to be enabled similar to the token exchange?

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53367566/unable-to-setup-idp-token-exchange-in-keycloak-4-6-0-final

Thanks,
Marco